Top 10 Tools For Creating A Simple Mobile App Prototype For Non-Designers
Prototyping tools for mobile applications can be helpful not only for designers but also for non-designers. Check this article to know how to create an app prototype.
Prototyping tools for mobile applications are the cornerstone of any app development project especially in 2021. Wireframing is far not the first step. Well before that you should identify the main user requirements. Wireframing starts only after identifying the main requirements. When we are talking about mobile app design tools, it might be easy for designers and app developers, but non-designers may have problems. However, today’s world offers tools for non-designers as well with the help of proper software.
According to CB Insight, over 70% of tech startups do not succeed because they overlook the prototyping stage. Proper analysis is needed before you enter the market.
Here we have come up with the best mobile app design tools that will help you create a mobile app prototype in 2021 even if you are a non-designer.
WHY RAPID PROTOTYPING HELPS AVOID PRODUCT FAILURE?
Creating new digital products is quite a challenging and risky task. According to Forrester Research, the IT industry spends $30 billion per year on products that don’t deliver value.
For a large number of customers, this kind of disappointment isn’t an alternative. One of the best approaches to keep away from the risk is quick prototyping. Prototyping can not only save you from a huge failure but also save you a lot of time and money. Even if you are not a designer or developer, you can use cheap yet useful wireframing tools.
BENEFITS OF PROTOTYPING AN APPLICATION
Prototyping can help you save money, specifically as it can turn your ideas into tangible prototypes. Here are some of the major benefits:
- You build exactly what you want;
- Reduced designer cost;
- Easy design concept sharing;
- Easy access to customer feedback.
PROTOTYPING TOOLS FOR MOBILE APPLICATIONS
Creating a prototype of your first app is simple even as a non-developer, and all the knowledge you need on how to prototype an app as a non-designer is here:
Professional – $19 per user/mo
Enterprise – $39 per user/mo
This is a free desktop app that helps you create an app prototype for any platform you want. The output of your prototypes can be viewed on various platforms such as Android iOS and your web browser. With this platform, you can realize your ideas without the need for technical expertise and modify them to fit your needs.
- Easy development of low or high-resolution prototypes with a click of your mouse.;
- Monthly pricing which makes the payment easy;
- Easy to use templates that help to create an app prototype.
- People who constantly use the platform cannot enjoy reduced price;
- No video tutorials.
Individual – $199 /yr
Team – $1999 /yr
Enterprise – $9999 /yr
A simple and effective prototyping tool for designing your app of choice with many new features like scroll box, pop-up, and stack panel, amongst others.
- Simple software for UI/UX designers to create app prototype;
- The free version gives basic functionality, allowing you to understand whether the app is for you or not.
- Single project user functionality which allows only single people to work on the product at a time;
- You must pay if you want to know the full functionality.
2 Projects – $9/month or $90/year
20 Projects – $49/month or $490/year
200 Projects – $199/month or $1,990/year
Balsamiq is a classic wire-framing tool which has its strengths in functionality and customer feedback. It makes use of the whiteboard sketching protocol using a computer.
- Easy mockup interface;
- Easy to connect to other users simultaneously, which makes work easier.
- Mockup management difficulty;
- Web browser synchronization issues occur sometimes.
Freelancer $ 24 /mo
Startup $ 40 /mo
Agency $ 80 /mo
Proto.io is a simple platform with a lot of prototype and design templates to choose from. As a non-designer, you can easily work with proto.io as there is no coding or technicality attached to the use. You can import your UI components if you have any from photoshop or any other app of your choice.
- Clean UI HTML exporting ease;
- Big library of preset tools for your use.
- No desktop platform available for now;
- Expensive to use with a starting price of $24 per month;
- Import functions still need to be worked on.
Free 1 project
Pro – $20 per month
Individual $13 per month
You can collaborate and create mobile app prototypes of any kind. Simple and effective mockups help you test your ideas.
- Great at creating wire-frames that you can forward to your designers;
- Many features which make it beginner-friendly.
- Poor customer service;
- Not very strategic with version upgrades.
1 active prototype for free
Starter $15/Mo. / 3 Prototypes
Professional $25/Mo / Unlimited Prototypes
InVision is one of the prototyping tools for mobile applications that is versatile, meaning you won’t spend much time doing your job.
- An interactive interface which allows you to work with your colleagues whenever you want;
- Many tools allow you to work easily without stress.
- The importation of SVG’s is a big problem as sometimes it gives you a shrunk;
- Version of your imports;
- Some of the basic tools which are available with the competition seem to be lacking here;
- Not cost-effective with a starting price of $15 t $99 per month depending on the number of users.
7. FLUID UI
Solo $8.25/month $99/year
Pro $19.08/month $229/year
Fluid UI is one of mobile app design tools that allows you to get feedback without getting into coding. Offers best navigation options. These mobile app design tools are found under the Wire-framing category.
- The app flow creation process is very fluid;
- One of the best software under WireFraming.
- Navigation sometimes moves things without you knowing when it happens;
for individuals $99 one-time payment
for teams $9 per contributor, monthly
This is a simple and lightweight UI/UX design tool for MacBook users. It is like Adobe Photoshop solely for prototyping.
- Many effective plugins and integrations are useful for your prototyping ease;
- Fast and effective graphic rendering platform.
- Same version compliance when working with other members of your team;
- Non-availability of the print-ready feature which is available to many users on other platforms.
Standard – $29/mo for an editor
Professional – $49/mo for an editor
Collaboration is key for these mobile app design tools. It helps you understand the prototyping requirements with the wire-frame of the website when teams can work together in real-time.
- The collaborative side of this platform is one of a kind.
- Pricey with the standard plan starting from $29 per month going very high as $59 for the business plan.
10. WIRE-FRAME .CC
starts at $16.00 per month
Wire-frame .cc is one of the best static wire-frame design tools online. As a non-designer, and you want to get going, this tool is effective and straight to the point.
- Easy to use for all users at all levels.
- Work is not saved as you go, which means you have to save up work as you go; if not, you would lose progress.
So, start wire-framing today! Just as we have provided information on some of the best platforms for prototyping apps, we can also help you through the steps of wire-framing. Even with the challenges of wire-framing such as feasibility, low task completion rate, and tester and developer, we have the right formula to help you through all the stages.